Technowrap™ (TR3016) composite repair products are engineered repair solutions for pipework integrity and structural strengthening
Technowrap™ composite repair products are engineered repair solutions for pipework integrity and structural strengthening.
They consist of fibres reinforced with an epoxy resin. The fibre reinforcements are either carbon or glass. Three types of epoxy resins are available, their selection is based on the overall design conditions and installation temperature of a repair. The repair systems are wet lay-up systems applied on site.
The advantages of using Technowrap™ composite repairs are;
- lightweight – ease of handling and transportation
- corrosion resistant – no maintenance
- can be applied live – no shutdown
- requires no hot work permit – ease of installation
- requires minimal on site facilities – simplicity of installation
- can be applied to any geometry of component – flexibility of application
- can be applied in confined spaces – range of application
The fibre reinforcement is woven into various architectures. The selection of fibre type and architecture is based on both performance or cost.
Components that can be repaired include;
- piping systems (all components, e.g. bends, tees)
- vessel/tanks (e.g. shells, supports, nozzle attachments)
- caissons and risers
- walkways, handrails, roofs
The types of corrosion, erosion defects or damage that can be repaired include;
- internal (e.g. corrosion pits)
- external (e.g. dents)
- through wall (e.g. leaks)
DOWNLOAD PRODUCT SHEET